Are you bored in the house during quarantine? Well, we all are! So to make your quarantine situation a little fun and enjoyable we have brought you one of the delicious and easy dishes. It’s super easy and anyone in the house can make it. Read on to prepare Aglio Olio during the quarantine period with your family.
Simple, elegant and made with minimal ingredients. Prepare this easy recipe of Aglio Olio Spaghetti at the comfort of your home.
- 1 pack of spaghetti
- 6 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than al dente. You can cook for around 9 minutes, or as per the package directions.
- Reserve 2 cups of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over medium-low heat until shimmering.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the garlic just begins to turn light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat if the pasta is not ready.
- Add the pasta water to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the spaghetti and toss continuously for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta.
- Remove from heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir in the parsley, and toss to combine.
Serve immediately, topping with plenty of grated cheese.