- Shichimi Togarashi is a Japanese seasoning mix made of a blend of seven spice items.
- Ingredients include chilli pepper, orange peel, sesame seeds, Japanese pepper, ginger and seaweed.
- Shichimi togarashi’s traditional uses include as a condiment to be sprinkled over udon noodles. You can also sprinkle it over vegetables, rice, or eggs. Shichimi togarashi is used to season eggs and soups.
- Outside of the traditional applications, it can also be used as an all-purpose seasoning blend. Use it on fries, in guacamole or even in desserts. The dessert applications include chocolate mousses.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! 🙂